Our Leesburg, VA, office has been helping patients rebuild their smiles with natural-looking dentures for over 35 years. Dr. Daniel Han has specialty training in Periodontics/Implantology and Periodontal Prostheses, making him uniquely qualified to offer our patients hybrid dentures. These dentures are attached to the jaw using dental implants, which are prosthetic tooth roots. This treatment option is available for patients who have lost most or all of their teeth, and desire the ultimate stability for dentures.
Implants give dentures the ultimate foundation. Because they are attached directly to the jaw, they keep your dentures in place at all times, just like natural teeth. In addition, hybrid dentures can:
- Eliminate time and hassle associated with denture adhesives.
- Reduce painful irritation associated with traditional dentures.
- Improve bite strength, opening up more diet and food options.
- Prevent jaw atrophy (shrinkage), a natural side effect of tooth loss. This means you will require far fewer denture adjustments, and you can avoid the sunken appearance that eventually follows tooth loss.
Dr. Daniel Han has specialty training in Periodontics/Implantology and Periodontal Prostheses, making him uniquely qualified to offer our patients hybrid dentures.
Dr. Han will provide a thorough examination, including a discussion of your health history, to determine if this treatment plan is right for you. Generally, patients must be in overall good physical and oral health. Candidates must also:
- Be willing to stop smoking for a period before and after implant placement. For the best results, you should drop the habit permanently.
- Have sufficient jawbone tissue. Implants need plenty of bone tissue for support. If you have been missing teeth for a long time, you may need a bone graft or sinus lift before you can receive implants.
Placing Hybrid Dentures
Local anesthesia will be administered throughout the procedure to ensure minimal discomfort. Additionally, Dr. Han can provide sedation to help anxious patients relax throughout treatment. Our state-of-the-art technology includes 3-D CT scanners and digital x-rays that can provide highly detailed images of your jaw to help plan an implant placement strategy.